Western Express is a family owned transportation company offering Van and Flatbed truckload and logistics solutions. We have an immediate need for a Fleet Manager in our fast growing Over the Road & Dedicated divisions who will provide frontline leadership to a group of drivers in a fast paced environment. As a Fleet Manager, you are the key link between the drivers and customers. In this safety focused role, you will be accountable for communicating with drivers and working one-on-one to solve problems with creative solutions to meet customer and company objectives. This position broadens your industry knowledge which in turn drives your career to limitless opportunities within the organization.
- Fun, exciting, fast paced atmosphere
- Opportunity to earn a substantial weekly incentive bonus in additional to a competitive base salary
- High level of job security
- Great opportunity for promotion
- Utilize managerial skills in developing a group of 30 – 40 drivers
- Develop relationships with drivers and be their main point of contact if they encounter problems or have questions while on the road
- Help keep each driver safe while on the road by communicating expectations
- Track freight to its final destination to ensure on time delivery
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent preferred, relevant sales or management experience
- Demonstrated track record of achievement and success
- Creative problem-solving skills and ability to evaluate multiple solutions to make sound decisions
- Ability to prioritize workload and thrive in a fast paced environment
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment
- Competitive and driven to be successful
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance plus company-paid life insurance
- All insurance is available after 60 days
- 401K available after 6 months
PHONE INTERVIEW QUESTIONS:
Please describe managing or leading a team/department/group.
Describe your educational background and experience.
Please email cover letter and resume with references to Chase Lobetti at email@example.com